Football or soccer, name it as you want it; no matter what your decision is, soccer unties frenzy. Use examples with football if you are a teacher and your success will be granted.
- If (name favourite team) won the league, I will go crazy!
- Unless you finish your homework, you won't play football during the break. (Conditional sentences)
- We are playing football at 7.00 (Present continuous for future arrangements)
- What team will win the league? (what as a subject and will for predictions)
- El Niño Torres scored a goal at UEFA Eurocup 2008.---- A goal was scored by el Niño Torres at UEFA Eurocup 2008. (Passive voice transformation)
And so on... the result will be neverending.
Once more, why are at TE talking about UEFA Euro 2012? Well, although I am Spanish and my heart is with "La Roja" (aren't they dressing in blue for this competition?) (check out for Group C), my soul is Greek (Group A); on the other hand, two English speaking teams are taking part in the competition: Ireland in the Group C and England in Group D. I could have the chance of taking the Dis-united Kingdom, at least in terms of soccer.
If you statistics, here are the lastest winners of the competition and of course the current champions are SPAIN!!
1976 Czechoslovakia (they want make it anymore)
This is the official song of UEFA 2012
Teaching English by Fran | Health
Teaching English by Fran | Food